04/25/2013 1:31 PM
By Matt Borrelli
24 year-old B-Sens blueliner Danny New shares 20 things you didn’t already know about him.
1. My favorite food is steak, and baked potato with the works.
2. My nicknames are D-New and Newsy
3. I played a lot of sports growing up; baseball, basketball, and hockey.
4. I drive a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee; I got it my sophomore year of College.
5. My favorite thing to do in college was going out and grabbing a nice dinner on the town with my teammates and buddies.
6. I worked hockey camps and construction with my dad in the summers.
7. If I weren’t playing hockey, I would probably be playing professional baseball. I had a passion for baseball growing up, even got recruited to play baseball in college.
8. My favorite thing to do in Binghamton is going to the movie theater, with the real comfortable seats. After practice me and a couple guys go get lunch, catch a movie, then maybe a little cup a frozen yogurt - a little midday relaxation with the boys.
9. The last movie I saw was, Olympus has Fallen, with Morgan Freeman.
10. I’m a big fan of action movie, where one man saves the world kind of movies. Kind of cheesy but I like that stuff.
11. My favorite place to eat in Binghamton is Remlik's.
12. I can’t live without comfortable cloths. Sweatshirt, sweatpants.
13. I have a finance degree from Providence College.
14. The one thing I am going to miss when hockey is over is the competitiveness.
15. I’ve been trying to learn how to play the guitar.
16. I have been really into country lately, but I listen to the hits radio station too.
17. Growing up I got a bike for Christmas that had plastic fenders on it. It looked like a street bike and it was too big for me but I had to have it.
18. My family and I are really into deep sea fishing.
19. I learned how to water ski last summer, it is so much easier than you think and a lot of fun.
20. My guilty pleasure is Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. That is money.